Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Regeneration

---Even losing you (the joking voice, a gesture
I love) I shan't have lied. It's evident
the art of losing's not too hard to master
though it may look like (Write it!) like disaster.

-- “One Art” by Elizabeth Bishop


I love Claire Bennet. Sure, maybe Beth Cooper is more sultry and seductive than Claire, but Beth can’t regenerate like Claire does.

Seriously, I like Hayden. And I really like her Claire character from Heroes. Somehow, I can relate to her (no, I don’t relate to her that way; the last time I checked, I’m still not spontaneously regenerating).

It’s just that recently, I did get hurt. Not physically though. See, I have been so hard on myself because someone close to me was about to say goodbye, and I was in fact fearing that we would be out of each other’s lives for good. And to make matters worst, I did something stupid: something so disrespectful to my friend that caused him to be crazy mad at me. It seems that I couldn’t apologize enough. And maybe I never could.

After that I realized… well, thought that I was feeling a bit more affectionate than what I should for that friend. That I was in love. And maybe I was. And perhaps I still am.

And that’s what hurts the most. To know that I screwed things up. I would never mind carrying an unrequited feeling (whatever that is) for him, just as long as I know I would still be able to talk to him from time to time; to have the knowledge that I would still be able to hear from him some time in the future. To somehow feel that I made an impact in his life; and that perhaps, on some level, I mattered to him.

So I was down for the next few days. Or for about five minutes, I can’t really recall. But I found myself teary eyed during those times when I’m being reminded of what has transpired. That a tie has just been severed between me and a friend.

My best friend, Phoebe, told me that I should be used to this. And I know that. That future ties to be would be severed too; that I should be able to handle goodbyes easily by now. And that, it doesn’t matter, really. Like Ms. Bishop said, it wasn’t a disaster at all

And so now, I’d say I’ve regenerated. Emotionally. Maybe not Wolverine fast kind of healing; it was more of a Claire Bennet-esque regeneration. I got hurt, I felt pain, and I just got over it quickly.

To my friend, thank you for this life lesson I learned.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

pain is something na hindi ako masasanay. as much as possible, iniiwasan ko ito, pero may mga bagay nga lang na hindi maiwasang masaktan ka.

Unknown said...

hindi mo kayang bawiin ang nagawa na o ibalik ang nawala na, ang tangi mo na lamang magagawa ay tanggapin ang katotohanang humantong na ang wakas.

Mawawala rin ang sakit pero ang alaala ng masasayang oras ninyo na magkasama ay mananatili sa puso mo habang buhay.

Dagger Deeds said...

@xtian1978

I guess dapat nga na masanay na ako. Ang hirap lang kasi when you realize something. Although I am aware ala naman talagang future iyon, i just can't help but to think about it. Ang malala lang, our ties have been severed, at di ko alam kung he'd like to keep a connection with me. :-(

@ Totoy

Misteryoso ka talaga... Hmm. That sucks nga eh. Ang mas masakit pa, eh, parang sa kin lang naging mahalaga ang pinagsamahan namin... parang sa kin lang may impact at sa kanya wala lang. Oh well. Whatever.

Anonymous said...

just try to reach out, who knows dba