Thursday, April 15, 2010

I'm Still Glad I'm Not Straight

I guess I’ll have to write (say) it again for absolutely no reason at all (or maybe to acknowledge a very well known fact for the nth time): straight people have it soooo easy. No matter how whiney they get or how society led everyone to believe that when it comes to building a future, it is fair game to everyone, still, we gay people are in the short end of things. I do have to say this however: their lives are way simple it appears to be boring (and most times, I think, unappealing) compared to the lifestyle gay people has (or have. I’m not really sure which is grammatically correct of the two). Sure there’s challenges in life, but facing our challenges as a gay person is a great feat, I’m surprised there aren’t any mass suicide happening involving gay men and lesbians.

No wonder I refer to us (gay people) as mutants (X-men, Heroes-type, not those creatures with extra appendages) whenever I am talking with my straight friends. I always thought we must have some kind of super power or must have really evolved into something superior, that we are able to face the extra “gay” struggles straight people would never ever have.

***

Have you Googled yourself already? I have. And being new at work, I’ve Googled my colleagues at work too. Some are interesting, others, I found them dull, while there are people who are like ghosts at the web.

And, I find my boss cute. But he’s straight. And married. And has a (bit) dull personality. Am I crushing on my boss? Since I needed to ask that question to myself to be sure, I’m saying no. The thing is that he's just two years older than me, not much of an age, or generation difference. I just think he’s cute. But it’s kinda difficult staring at him when he’s giving me instructions, and I’m being distracted by his eyes. Yes, he’s got happy eyes. The kind of eyes that would still smile even though he’s frowning. Damn, I might be crushing on him. Oh well, it’ll fade.

***

My days so far are passing by me like a blur. Sometimes I don’t even remember what day it was. I hate it. Slowly, my life is being drained out of me, and I fear the time that I might wither due to the dull, surreal routine I’m currently adjusting myself into.

Although, inside me is a resistance. A very strong force that that I am very sure will never ever compromise loss of self identity.

I just need a bit more time to adjust with my new environment.

***

Do you know that somewhere on this page, I’m encouraging eveyone to e-mail me? Hint: If you’re not blind, you might figure out how I’m telling you to e-mail me.

5 comments:

citybuoy said...

straight people have it so easy. they don't even know it and that's what makes it a little annoying.

and yeah, i must admit i google myself from time to time. call it vanity but i think it's fun. haha

as for the email address, i can't seem to find it. haha

VICTOR said...

A friend of mine has this theory. According to her, straight men are the most oppressed in the gender spectrum. She says this is because society expect too much from them, being the epitome of perfectness. LOL.

Dagger Deeds said...

@ ʎonqʎʇıɔ: haha, yeah, i think it's vanity, in my case, it's always like "wow, there's proof I'm on the web".

As for the email, well, di ka naman kasi bulag eh...

@ victor: oh, please. the drama of the straights! haha, still your friend has a point. :-)

citybuoy said...

omg yun pala yung braille effect! haha

Dagger Deeds said...

Haha. Like I said, kailangan bulag ka...