Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Changes

I realized that like orgasm, enthusiasm is so hard to fake (and it also amazes me that they rhyme too!). I recently resigned from my job. Yeah, I still have to complete the insufferable 30 day turnover (more like twenty-something now), but who are we kidding? My interest in doing my work plunged so fast and so deep the moment I submitted my letter, it reached the earth's core at the speed of light.

It wasn't that bad really, compared to what I seem to imply. Sure, they've hired a dozen of no-good moronic, self-important jerks; they have an engineering department full of architects (no offense to all the architects out there, but let's face it --- aside from drawing plans and being knowledgeable in aesthetics, engineers should be the ones who are doing engineering works, and it's even the root word of that particular department!); and their accountants does not know how to read prices from bus tickets (I'd recommend training them for just that ---how to read bus ticket prices; or better yet, they should at least make sure to hire accountants who knows how to read prices from official receipts, such as bus tickets!).

But, as I've said, it wasn't that bad. Seriously. They've managed to hire a really able manager for the department I'm in (and it was just an added bonus that my boss, well soon-to-be-former boss is cute). And I managed to make at least one friend at work while working for approximately six months (I know, I don’t really warm up to people as fast as I’d want to). Plus, I attended this year’s mud-soaked, we-are-gonna-make-your-body-ache-all-over teambuilding activities. Yeah… right. Way to make employees bond and unite the company by grouping them accoding to their departments and not mixing them up… Hmmm… Did I mention that my boss is cute?

The interesting part was, I was ready to leave the field I am in for this job, I was ready to surrender the engineer part of me. Although I have convinced myself (with some difficulty) that what I actually learned from school would be put to use with the field/industry I am in at the moment, it doesn’t really capture the feel of being… well, an engineer.

And with that, I am now going to embark a new chapter in my professional life soon. I’m very excited at my new job, I don’t even want to come in at my current work anymore. Oh, well.

3 comments:

wanderingcommuter said...

hay. all the best for you, dd.

Dagger Deeds said...

Thanks for the support, dude.

citybuoy said...

Good luck Dagger Deeds. I envy those who can pick up and leave their jobs like that. Probably because I've been stuck here for almost three years.