I just finished watching Little Ashes. Yes, initially, I was excited seeing this because it starts Rob Pattinson, you know, the guy playing Edward Cullen from Twilight. But seriously, that’s not the only reason I looked for a copy of this film. It’s a gay themed indie. Plus, it’s loosely (I think) based on what was a romantic relationship between poet Frederico Lorca and painter Salvador Dali, waaay back during the 1920s.It was a sad movie. A really tragic ending, I’d say. Their relationship ended because they changed. Plus, c’mon, gay relationships during 1920s? There’s no freaking way they’d get their happy ending. But yeah, what’s really heart-breaking about it is that they’ve become… powerless I guess? Powerless against the personal situations they are in. And then after that, they changed. And, they aren’t sexually compatible. If you’d seen the film, you’d know.
What I liked about it is how it showed the development of their romance. It was subtle. It was believable. It was beautiful. I particularly liked the scene where they were swimming on the sea under the light of the full moon. And then they kissed. I was like, who wouldn’t? The mood was so right. Plus there had been sexual tension present between them already.
Wouldn’t it be nice to see just one gay themed (indie perhaps?) film with a happily ever after ending? Oh well, I haven’t seen a lot of same sex happily ever afters, what was I expecting? Maybe in life it would just be enough to enjoy the moment, knowing what’s between the two of you might end eventually. I always believe that it is more challenging to keep up a gay relationship, and I’d say it really is. Other than dealing with the issues you have as a couple, you still have to deal with how the world making it difficult for you to make it.Anyway, I liked what R-Patz said about Little Ashes in comparison to tweeny film Twilight: (He said this at about 8:40 on the vid.)
"I guess it's devastating. It's when two people essentially fall in love with each other arguably, but no one really knows what the extent of their actual relationship was. It ruins everything in both of their lives. Not so much in Lorca's but it really does destroy a lot of things in Dali. But mainly because he's such an intensely sensitive man. He had so many neuroses about everything. His sanity and his sensibility was such a knife edge his whole life. In Twilight it's kind of the same thing, but they kind of figure it out whereas In Little Ashes they can't figure it out."
Oh, and uh… I now officially now have a crush on Javier Beltran, who plays Lorca on the film.
***
Who likes Lady Gaga? Not my type of songs really, but really, really catchy. Okay, I do like some of her songs. PokerFace, even. But hearing Chris Daughtry sing PokerFace a la Nickelback… whoa! Hear for your self:
Okay, you can download it here. Enjoy..
***
I’m going to pose an age old question to everyone: what’s the definite sign that your liking towards a person’s developed already into love? I always took as doing things selflessly a little bit too much is a definite sign I am falling. I have been feeling really fond of someone, but I have to keep what I feel in check. So whenever I feel my feelings going overboard, I revert into being selfish. Just to not be involved too much.
3 comments:
How I wish they've shown Little Ashes here. But I think nope. I better watch it on net. :)
Lady Gaga, POkerface, Chris Daughtry = Stunning
try checking, shortbus, little boy, big boy and beautiful thing.
@ ACRYLIQUE
Yeah, but knowing MTRCB, the "dramatic sex scene" (I don't know how else to describe it) would be cut...
@ WC
Thanks for giving me those titles... I will check the.
Post a Comment