I wrote this article two weeks ago at work at work, during my lunch break, and then I scheduled it to be published now. So, here it is
I neither hate nor love my job right now. Which I believe is a really bad thing, cause I don't really know exactly what to feel towards it. I mean, it is exciting for now, as I am new at this and am just learning the basics (or re-learning on a very different level) the essence of my function at work.I have been feeling kind of unproductive for the past few days at work. I don't know. I guess I'm just not in the mood to work. To give my 100%. And I do feel that it is wrong. I believe that one always has to give their best, to always try to be their best.
But I guess I'm not being my best today.
A few days ago, I realized that I am a bit shy... okay, a lot shy around people I just met. I'm relatively new at work, and I don't really connect or bond with people as fast enough as I should be I guess. So, I have to admit talking to bosses and colleagues drags a bit.
But I realized, why would I be shy? Why would I let my job not be done just because I feel awkward towards people I just (relatively) met? So after that, I started talking to them more, about work of course.
So if I'm not being slowed down by this “shyness” I possess (like I said, I'm relatively new. After warming up to the people here, I don't think I would have that problem anymore), what causes the lag on my work, my productivity ?
I guess I'm really just feeling lazy.
3 comments:
I hope you find the drive soon. :)
it's my first time here. i though this post was rather relatable. although i can't say i've ever been shy (haha), i know how it feels to not feel comfortable with new people.
happiness is relative. i hope u find yours soon! :D
Thanks Manech and citybouy. I'm actually enjoying my work now, seeing that the "challenge" is already here.
Basta.
Post a Comment