People who know me well enough could attest that I don’t really care much about politics. I guess I take it from my scientific idol, who was offered to be the president of a country but refused.
But sometimes, there are just certain issues that get me. I react. Even though I’m just hearing the news on TV, I just blurt out my opinion. I can’t help it.
So now, I’m blurting my opinion on my blog.
See, there’s just been craziness form the Catholic Church now that the Department of Health is working overtime to encourage people to use contraceptives (specifically condoms) during sex. Newsflash priests: people are dying because of AIDS, and unless you can feed and take care of about half the population, then I’ll be joining your cause.
It is just plain stupid. And yeah, I don’t think they could stop the “kids” from being exposed to “sexual” influences anymore, but I can’t see how they are going to spank the parents of those kids for being negligent. And why discourage couples to control birth? Because it’s wrong? Because it’s immoral? I think what’s more evil is bringing a child in this world and not being able to give the best care for that child.
I know the rise of AIDS victims could be tied to gay people. But that’s just more reason to inform the public about this. Sure, the Church is morally obligated to be disgusted with the gay life style but I don’t think they are morally obligated to let people die out of being misinformed.
I’m just being realistic. Population’s booming. AIDS is on the rise. Just because the priest’s can (apparently) control their libido, it does not mean that the rest of us can. They practically all want us to be saints, but that’s not the case. They are being idealistic. And sometimes, being idealistic is just being worse than evil.
So what am I saying? Back off priests. Leave the governing to the government.
***
Is there a presidential candidate who aside from campaigning is integrating voter’s education about the new automated system? Sure, I saw how the Sex Bomb Dancers busted their ass to educate the public, but I really think that as presidentiables, they should be responsible enough to make sure that people are informed about this new election system, even though the voter’s might not vote for them.
And, just mentioning: I’m Catholic, but it irritates me when the Church interferes with what would have been progress because of close-mindedness.


2 comments:
there really should be a clearer separation between the church and state but sadly that rule is only on paper sa country na to. as long as it's not illegal to make safe choices like contraceptoves, i'm fine.
Hey, we just adjust to the situation, di ba? Kaya lang it is wrong to discourage a responsible choice. Haay.
Post a Comment