Friday, March 19, 2010

Randomness

Things have been so busy this week. My daily routine is starting to bore me. Don’t get me wrong, I love the challenges my work is presenting, but still, there’s just a mountain of work to do.

***

Someone I know celebrated his birthday yesterday. I’m not really sure if he’s still reading my site, but there’s just things I want to tell him that, I don’t know… I can’t. I just hope my presence in his life did not ruin the already troubled (remember your break-up, in case you are around?) 26th year of his life. Still, I know, I’m such a screw up. My birthday wish? Sounds generic, but I do wish you are happy. Truly happy, and not just in a I’m-happy-at-the-moment-but-when-I-really-think-about-it-I’m-not situation. Would’ve bought you a cap, you know, but I know I’d still feel weird being round you.

***

Crap! I can’t believe that I haven’t blogged for like an eon, and yet, I still couldn’t come up with a decent entry. It’s my daily schedule I tell you. All I do right now is work and sleep at home. Well, there might be some TV and DVD watching from time to time, but really, my life’s so boring right now. Hopefully inspiration will strike next week (if I’d be able to blog) and a decent entry will be posted.

 ***

I have seen Quentin’s Basterds though. I’m weirded out a bit. I mean, I enjoyed Kill Bill, but the Basterds plot on reversing history disturbs me a bit. I guess I’m just a bit of sucker for anything accurate, that the re-imaginatrion of what really happened disturbed me.

***

Oh, and I got my haircut earlier this week. I had it short. Really short. Any shorter my and I might as well join the army. Yeah, right. Me in the army. I can’t really imagine giving up my individuality for duty, so hands down to the soldiers.

***

Have you heard the acoustic version of Gaga’s Bad Romance? I think it’s by a local singer named Pricess. I hate it. I’m just so repulsed by that particular version of the song. I mean, the song was butchered. Its essence got lost. You can’t even feel the emotion that should’ve been in the song. Instead, it was sung in a very cheesy, I’m-so- happy-I-don’t-give-a-damn-that-this-song-is-about-a-person’s-frustration-of-not-being-loved-back kinda way. It just sucks. Sure, if the song is about being free of a toxic relationship, I think it could’ve been sung that way. Gaga’s version is uptempo, but you can feel in her voice the message she’s trying to deliver.

2 comments:

citybuoy said...

i heard that version. painful. just painful.

as for basterds, my dormant OC side was a little agitated because of how they re-wrote things. it was still powerful though. disturbing even.

i'm glad you posted something again. as always, it was very entertaining.

Dagger Deeds said...

Yeah, kakainis talaga yung acoustic version. I'm a Tarantino fan. so, I like it automatically.

At, salamat at na-entertain ka naman.. :-)