
Have you been following American Idol? I have. I even download the contestants’ weekly studio recordings of the songs they performed.
Anyhoo, my favorite contestant this year is Adam Lambert. Yeah, Lyndsey of Reality Rocks basically summarized why he’s great and stuff. And yeah, based on the web info I gathered, he’s gay.
Adam performed “Tracks of My Tears” by Robinson and the Temptations during Motown Week on Idol. Naturally, I searched for the lyrics of this song. There’s these few lines in particular I want to highlight in the song:
“Since you left me if you see me with another girl
Seeming like I'm having fun
Although she may be cute
She's just a substitute
Because you're the permanent one...”
That’s how Smokey Robinson sang it in the original version. Now, Adam sang it like this on the studio version of the song:
“Since you left me if you see me with somebody else
Seeming like I'm having fun
Although they might be cute
There's just no substitute
Because you're the only permanent one...”
I just had to point this out. I don’t think Adam needs to change the straight-ish lyrics of the song. But I guess he’s not comfortable with that. I dunno. What d’you think?
Anyhoo, my favorite contestant this year is Adam Lambert. Yeah, Lyndsey of Reality Rocks basically summarized why he’s great and stuff. And yeah, based on the web info I gathered, he’s gay.
Adam performed “Tracks of My Tears” by Robinson and the Temptations during Motown Week on Idol. Naturally, I searched for the lyrics of this song. There’s these few lines in particular I want to highlight in the song:
“Since you left me if you see me with another girl
Seeming like I'm having fun
Although she may be cute
She's just a substitute
Because you're the permanent one...”
That’s how Smokey Robinson sang it in the original version. Now, Adam sang it like this on the studio version of the song:
“Since you left me if you see me with somebody else
Seeming like I'm having fun
Although they might be cute
There's just no substitute
Because you're the only permanent one...”
I just had to point this out. I don’t think Adam needs to change the straight-ish lyrics of the song. But I guess he’s not comfortable with that. I dunno. What d’you think?
No comments:
Post a Comment