My Roomie opened up to me on our my first night of staying there. His situation, well, is something not unheard of, but I do admit, I feel really different meeting someone like him.
His family adopted twins, which apparently, grew up with them. One of the twins, which for the purpose of this entry I will baptize as B1 (and his twin B2), was really close to him. He likes to call B1 bata (kid) and still sees B1 that way. He told me they use to stargaze back home, he used to help him with the kid’s homework. He and B1 share a room, (I’d like to ask him why B1 isn’t sharing a room with B2, but was sort of sleepy to do so) and although they have separate beds, B1 still sleeps beside him.
It was 2004 when he started working and he rarely visits home then. So when he came home one night, B1 cornered him. You know, the stories you read in KK? I don’t think I need to give the details here. B1 was 14 then.
And so he tried to play it cool as if nothing happened. Back to their routine. But when he introduced his girlfriend to them, B1 started avoiding him. No more stargazing. No asking for help in doing his homework. And worse, no talking to Roomie.
That’s when Roomie started to be confused with his feelings towards B1. He checked B1’s Friendster account, and discovered a whole bunch of his pictures taken without his knowledge. Stolen shots.
And so for four years he’s all too mixed up with what he really feels for B1. So, when 2009 enters (he specifically told me it was on the New Year’s celebration), he approached B1 and told him to put everything behind them. He said B1 was clearly surprised at the move he made. Nonetheless, they’re in speaking terms now. And he’s so happy about it: he didn’t have to tell me that but his eyes were making it obvious.
And so here is his dilemma: Roomie plans to get married this year with his girl. His girlfriend doesn’t want to be married yet, but he does. They have been talking about it for a while now. I thought that was a stupid move on his part, not just because I believe marriages are stupid. The only good thing about it is that his girlfriend does not want to be married. Yet.
He’s afraid how B1 would react once he found out about the whole planning to get married thing. And, he (Roomie) is also confused whether what he feels for B1 is just something brotherly, that maybe he’s just excited at the thought that they are talking again, or what he feels is something more. And he also wants to find out if B1 has feelings for him.
After mulling over what he told me, and letting the shock settled first (I told you, I haven’t met someone like him. I think his story borders incest), I told him all that shit does not matter. He better figure out first what he really wants. It does not matter whether B1 feels something for him, or that he's about to be married. He has to know first if what he wants in life is exactly like that. And annulment is a very difficult process, I’ve heard.
But honestly, I'm not 100 percent down with what I said. Maybe it is better if he sticks to the norm.
His family adopted twins, which apparently, grew up with them. One of the twins, which for the purpose of this entry I will baptize as B1 (and his twin B2), was really close to him. He likes to call B1 bata (kid) and still sees B1 that way. He told me they use to stargaze back home, he used to help him with the kid’s homework. He and B1 share a room, (I’d like to ask him why B1 isn’t sharing a room with B2, but was sort of sleepy to do so) and although they have separate beds, B1 still sleeps beside him.
It was 2004 when he started working and he rarely visits home then. So when he came home one night, B1 cornered him. You know, the stories you read in KK? I don’t think I need to give the details here. B1 was 14 then.
And so he tried to play it cool as if nothing happened. Back to their routine. But when he introduced his girlfriend to them, B1 started avoiding him. No more stargazing. No asking for help in doing his homework. And worse, no talking to Roomie.
That’s when Roomie started to be confused with his feelings towards B1. He checked B1’s Friendster account, and discovered a whole bunch of his pictures taken without his knowledge. Stolen shots.
And so for four years he’s all too mixed up with what he really feels for B1. So, when 2009 enters (he specifically told me it was on the New Year’s celebration), he approached B1 and told him to put everything behind them. He said B1 was clearly surprised at the move he made. Nonetheless, they’re in speaking terms now. And he’s so happy about it: he didn’t have to tell me that but his eyes were making it obvious.
And so here is his dilemma: Roomie plans to get married this year with his girl. His girlfriend doesn’t want to be married yet, but he does. They have been talking about it for a while now. I thought that was a stupid move on his part, not just because I believe marriages are stupid. The only good thing about it is that his girlfriend does not want to be married. Yet.
He’s afraid how B1 would react once he found out about the whole planning to get married thing. And, he (Roomie) is also confused whether what he feels for B1 is just something brotherly, that maybe he’s just excited at the thought that they are talking again, or what he feels is something more. And he also wants to find out if B1 has feelings for him.
After mulling over what he told me, and letting the shock settled first (I told you, I haven’t met someone like him. I think his story borders incest), I told him all that shit does not matter. He better figure out first what he really wants. It does not matter whether B1 feels something for him, or that he's about to be married. He has to know first if what he wants in life is exactly like that. And annulment is a very difficult process, I’ve heard.
But honestly, I'm not 100 percent down with what I said. Maybe it is better if he sticks to the norm.
2 comments:
Actually you're a good adviser. It's the same thing I'd tell your roomie.
Yes, pero kasi... ewan. May duda pa rin kasi ako na may kinabukasan ang buhay PLU... kung posible nga bang magtagal ang PLU relations... Ewan. Kaya siguro di ako 100 percent sa abiso ko. Kasi kung kaya nya naman pangatawanan ang straight-straight-ang drama nya, ba't hindi? Inaalala ko nga lang baka magising na lang syang miserable isang araw kasi di nya inalam muna ng husto kung ano gusto nya, tapos na-stucked na sya sa pagiging married.
Post a Comment