I don’t get emotionally attached.
No, let me rephrase.
I don’t get emotionally attached, easily.
See, I have been working in the same vapid company for almost three years now. Pretty boring job, really, especially if you’re brain hungers for more than 100 percent brain activity all the time (like in my case).
We are all underpaid too. No, I know each of us feels underpaid on our jobs, but I’d bet a whole month’s salary that I, and my co-workers actually, are waayyy underpaid than you.
And to make things worse, the people in the place I work seems to be trapped in a time loop and not moving forward. Yeah, they are trapped in the past. Old ideals, you know. The kind of thing that kills New Age Yuppies like me slowly and painfully.
See, the only thing that made me cling to this company is the kick-ass industry that where they are involved. It just matched the course I’ve taken in college all too well. Ultimately, this isn’t the industry and the type of work I really want to do. It’s just a job that pays the rent.
Despite all that shit, I adjusted well. I worked the hours. I got through the boring everyday conversations with uninteresting co-workers. I followed from bosses and the sirs around. Basically, I dotted every i’s and crossed all the t’s.
And now, an opportunity is knocking at my door right now to escape. Yeah, I have been looking for another job, and who isn’t? Here is a chance to finally escape this situation. Similar industry, popular company, and most probably higher salary.
But I didn’t accept the offer.
See, something changed in the past six months at work. No, the salary still is unforgivable, the work itself makes me yawn than ever, and what worse is that due to the financial crisis, we won’t receive our annual salary increase this year. I ain’t stupid though. That’s not the reason why I refused the work offered to me at another company. It’s because for the past six months, I sort of became part of the clique with the (relatively) new employees in the company. Yeah, we became a gang. A barkada of some sort.
Yeah I’ll stick to this job. Even I though I hate it. I just happen to like the people around me here.
But that’s just for now. We’ll see.
2 comments:
if its worth the compny you are keeping for the past six months, go ahead. i also am in the same situation. i have a slave driver boss. if not for officemates who share the same sentiments on her, i wouldav cracked a long time ago. as it is we found comfort with each other, knowing we are all undergoing the same big headache. she sort of became our "bonding", hhehe.
OK naman. Tsaka di lang naman sila ang reason. Kapal naman nila, ahahaha....
Post a Comment