A friend of mine has been saying over and over again that she’s already moved on from the heartbreak after a few months since her break up with her ex-boyfriend (her ex being her first), and that she has been working really hard to achieve being indifferent towards the guy. Based form her stories, the guy’s been a jerk to her. Okay, he may not have hurt her physically but flirting (actually, something more than flirting) with your ex-girlfriend while in a relationship, no matter how cheesy and gentleman-like your personality is on the outside (my friend’s ex ain’t cheesy though, I’m not so sure of him being a gentleman) constitutes being a jerk in my vocabulary.
So yeah, I believe her. Even though there was a point where she had been saying it too much, it almost made me wonder if she’s just convincing herself or just merely telling us she’s moved on. Again. For the nth time.
Recently however, her ex had an accident. Some stranger decided to poke a knife into his body just because he doesn’t want to “donate” some money for “charity”. Robber’s Foundation I guess. Anyhoo, upon hearing the news, she was frantic. She wanted to see him, she wanted to know how he’s doing. Although a common friend of theirs already sent her a text message informing her that her ex is already out of harm’s way.
I wanted to accuse her of not really moving on all this time, but being the somewhat supportive, yeah-I’ll-cheer-for-you-when-you-need-it-and-no-I-won’t-go-there-unless-you’re-really-in-an-emergency kind of a friend, I just told her to do what she wanted to do, which is to go to the hospital and see her ex. Eventually, she found someone to accompany her and well, she saw her ex. After that, she told me she just wants to be friends with him. I laugh at the thought. Though she’s been denying it, she obviously feels strong about her ex, and when one party feels so strongly than the other, I believe that friendship, real oh-so-Platonic friendship cannot really exist. But she would like to test the waters; she’s bent on doing that. So I told her to just keep tabs on what she feels. Besides, friends like me will be ready to hate that ex of hers together if he ever tries to shatter her all over again. I just have to restrain myself from telling her I told you so.
So yeah, I believe her. Even though there was a point where she had been saying it too much, it almost made me wonder if she’s just convincing herself or just merely telling us she’s moved on. Again. For the nth time.
Recently however, her ex had an accident. Some stranger decided to poke a knife into his body just because he doesn’t want to “donate” some money for “charity”. Robber’s Foundation I guess. Anyhoo, upon hearing the news, she was frantic. She wanted to see him, she wanted to know how he’s doing. Although a common friend of theirs already sent her a text message informing her that her ex is already out of harm’s way.
I wanted to accuse her of not really moving on all this time, but being the somewhat supportive, yeah-I’ll-cheer-for-you-when-you-need-it-and-no-I-won’t-go-there-unless-you’re-really-in-an-emergency kind of a friend, I just told her to do what she wanted to do, which is to go to the hospital and see her ex. Eventually, she found someone to accompany her and well, she saw her ex. After that, she told me she just wants to be friends with him. I laugh at the thought. Though she’s been denying it, she obviously feels strong about her ex, and when one party feels so strongly than the other, I believe that friendship, real oh-so-Platonic friendship cannot really exist. But she would like to test the waters; she’s bent on doing that. So I told her to just keep tabs on what she feels. Besides, friends like me will be ready to hate that ex of hers together if he ever tries to shatter her all over again. I just have to restrain myself from telling her I told you so.
1 comment:
Its her call really kung gagawin nya yun sa ex nya. And like what you said, support lang ang maibibigay mo sa friend mo =)
Nagpalit ka ng banner, ha? Talagang may balaraw na ngayon. Hehehe =)
Post a Comment