I am so not ready.
It was Thursday afternoon, I think, when my BFF, Phoebe, and I got the chance to meet up and talk again. Our conversation led to her theory on how relationships are formed. It was a simple yet a really profound statement. She said that in a romantic relationship, one always gets the partner that he deserves.
Something pinched me in the heart while hearing that. I must confess that for the past few days, I have been sort of impatient, and excited I guess, at the thought of being romantically involved with someone. No, I have always maintained that I am not an emotional person, and that maybe, being 25, and not having so many experiences when it comes to relationships and finally realizing that made me all worked up in my own issues of the heart (or lack thereof).
See, I believe in Will’s relationship theory: one is the gardener and one has to be the flower in a relationship. I intend to be a gardener. But before doing so, I have to be strong enough to do so. I have to be ready and be responsible enough for that gardener gig.
But, no. I am so not ready. But I am getting there. Hopefully, when the partner that I want to deserve me comes along, I already am the person I want me to be.
It was Thursday afternoon, I think, when my BFF, Phoebe, and I got the chance to meet up and talk again. Our conversation led to her theory on how relationships are formed. It was a simple yet a really profound statement. She said that in a romantic relationship, one always gets the partner that he deserves.
Something pinched me in the heart while hearing that. I must confess that for the past few days, I have been sort of impatient, and excited I guess, at the thought of being romantically involved with someone. No, I have always maintained that I am not an emotional person, and that maybe, being 25, and not having so many experiences when it comes to relationships and finally realizing that made me all worked up in my own issues of the heart (or lack thereof).
See, I believe in Will’s relationship theory: one is the gardener and one has to be the flower in a relationship. I intend to be a gardener. But before doing so, I have to be strong enough to do so. I have to be ready and be responsible enough for that gardener gig.
But, no. I am so not ready. But I am getting there. Hopefully, when the partner that I want to deserve me comes along, I already am the person I want me to be.
4 comments:
I think the theory is flawed dude. It was what I followed and look where it got me.
"...one always gets the partner that he deserves" -- take note of the word deserves. It doesn't mean whom we deserve is the whom we want. Lalang, gusto ko lang sabihin =)
And I believe in time, you will be ready. And when you're ready that special someone will come =) Good luck! =)
Hi dagger deeds!
I am from The Rainbow Bloggers Philippines and we are inviting you to
visit our website http://www.rainbowbloggers.com
This is a collective effort of several Filipino bloggers located both
here in the Philippines and abroad. We feature articles such as news,
events, and literary genres.
Please patronize our very own LGBT Filipino Blog. Comment on the post
and feel free to express your thoughts and opinions.
If you want to contribute articles, just email us with your Name, Blog URL, Blog Title, and Blog Email to rainbowbloggersphils@ymail.com
You can also add our friendster account:
rainbowbloggersphils@ymail.com
Make it a habit to visit www.rainbowbloggers.com
Thank you and have a nice day!
Yours Truly,
RBP Marketing and Membership Team
God will give it to you. u just wait. u don't have to be ready. co'z when it's there, everything will be in its proper places.
Post a Comment