Friend Number 4 (Numbuh 4!!!! Hahaha, reminds me of KND) has been complaining of not getting it. Okay, not having sex for the longest time around. Ever since he broke up with his girlfriend (for about a year, I believe). I am almost tempted to look for a girl who’s willing to be his fubu. (Are there girls who are like that really? Girls who are not so emotional and have non-traditional views when it comes to sex? Here, in the Philippines, where traditional values is still prevalent? It seems to me that the Sex in the City girls Pinoy version is just a myth. Or maybe I just have not met one yet.)
And so recently his girlfriend, or rather not-girlfriend (technically) came home (the girl was working abroad) and decided to meet him. She said she wants to be in a relationship with him, as she will have to spend another two years abroad after her vacation here, but the girl does not want any commitment. Sounds like an open relationship to me, really. That left my guy friend all too confused. See, I think open relationships are too complicated for a straight guy’s mind: they’d rather sneak around and do naughty behind their partners than be upfront with it, with their girls being open about their naughty whereabouts too.
After his girlfriend, or rather not-girlfriend (technically) left the country, he informed me of feeling lonely without his girl. He said he’s not all over his girlfriend, or rather not-girlfriend (technically) when she’s around, but now that she isn’t here, he misses her. I asked him to clarify things: does he miss the person or the idea of having someone like her around? He answered immediately: that the thought of having a girlfriend around is all that he’s after, someone to watch over him, someone to be with him. He thinks he cannot make it alone, on his own. I told him to take this opportunity to be strong and make it on his own, so when his next relationship comes, he’ll be the one to look after his girl and not the other way around. But he still wants me to introduce him to my girl-friends. Hell, like I would do that.
And so recently his girlfriend, or rather not-girlfriend (technically) came home (the girl was working abroad) and decided to meet him. She said she wants to be in a relationship with him, as she will have to spend another two years abroad after her vacation here, but the girl does not want any commitment. Sounds like an open relationship to me, really. That left my guy friend all too confused. See, I think open relationships are too complicated for a straight guy’s mind: they’d rather sneak around and do naughty behind their partners than be upfront with it, with their girls being open about their naughty whereabouts too.
After his girlfriend, or rather not-girlfriend (technically) left the country, he informed me of feeling lonely without his girl. He said he’s not all over his girlfriend, or rather not-girlfriend (technically) when she’s around, but now that she isn’t here, he misses her. I asked him to clarify things: does he miss the person or the idea of having someone like her around? He answered immediately: that the thought of having a girlfriend around is all that he’s after, someone to watch over him, someone to be with him. He thinks he cannot make it alone, on his own. I told him to take this opportunity to be strong and make it on his own, so when his next relationship comes, he’ll be the one to look after his girl and not the other way around. But he still wants me to introduce him to my girl-friends. Hell, like I would do that.
No comments:
Post a Comment